Monday 20 October 2014

Best Banana Bread


I have a version of my best banana bread ever, and its come about as the result of many different recipes, some trial and error, as well as the need to make it gluten free, refined sugar free and of course, healthy.

I have made this version 3 times now, and it's a winner every time - I think this recipe is a keeper!

Ingredients:

2 cups almond flour
1 cup GF plain flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup grape seed oil
1/4 maple syrup
3 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 medium bananas, mashed






Method:

Line a loaf tin with oil and baking paper, then set your oven to 180C.
Combine the almond flour, plain flour, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until combined, then fold in the mashed bananas.
Scoop the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the tine for an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
I've been asked many times to put all my recipes and ideas into a blog, so here it is... please feel free to leave comments, share your own ideas and recipes, or just say hi! Enjoy x